These are the steps you can expect when working with us:
- It all starts with filling out this contact form our the website.
- After submitting it, you will be able to schedule a free phone consultation. You will see our calendar with available times and can pick a day/time convenient for you.
- During our phone call, we get to know each other a bit and determine if we are a good fit for each other. Assuming we are, it continues with the next step. Please also read our FAQ for “Who qualifies for a service dog from us.“
- If we move forward, we then schedule a Zoom call to discuss your task needs in detail. These detailed discussions are usually around 1-hour long.
- After our Zoom meeting, we may have more follow-ups on each side, especially if need to evaluate a dog for suitability first or find the right puppy.
- Next, we develop a proposal for the agreed service tasks with full pricing. The most common payment structure is a $5,000 down payment, with monthly payments over 12-18 months afterward. The monthly payments will be set up as auto-pay with a credit card. We have also provided alternative payment plans in individual cases. Further, additional costs could be incurred for finding and buying a puppy. This last part varies with each client.
- After the contract is signed and the down payment is received, the process of procuring (if applicable) and training your service dog begins. Depending on the number and complexity of tasks, training duration varies from 9 months to 2 years. During this time you will get to spend time with your dog in your home on a regular basis.
- After the service dog is fully trained and living with you full-time we will be in touch every six months for the dog’s entire working life. We want you to be a successful service dog team and stand behind our work.
Important Note: The service dog industry has an average wash-out rate of over 50%; ours is much lower. If you purchased the puppy from us directly, and the dog was to wash out during training, we obviously have to start over. In that case, we will replace the dog at our expense and find the other pup a great pet home. The timeline for delivery will extend but not your cost. There will be no additional training fees or dog purchase costs. You simply continue to make your monthly payments as originally agreed upon and we get a replacement dog ready. We are not aware of any other service dog company offering this guarantee. If you purchase or provide the dog, this guarantee does not apply.