FAQ: What is the Process of Working with You?
These are the steps you can expect when working with the service dog trainers from Total K9 Focus:
- It all starts with filling out this contact form our the website.
- After submitting it, you can schedule a free phone consultation. You will see our calendar with available times and can pick a day/time convenient for you.
- During our phone call, we will get to know each other a bit and determine if we are a good fit for each other. Assuming we are, it continues with the next step. Please also read our FAQ for “Who qualifies for a service dog from us.“
- If we move forward, the service dog trainers from Total K9 Focus will schedule a Zoom call to discuss your task needs in detail. These detailed discussions are usually around 1-hour long.
- After our Zoom meeting, we may have more follow-ups on each side, especially if we need to evaluate a dog for suitability first or find the right puppy.
Working with Our Service Dog Trainers
- Next, the service dog trainers from Total K9 Focus develop a proposal for the agreed service tasks with full pricing. The most common payment structure is a $10,000 – $15,000 down payment, with monthly payments over 18-24 months afterward. The monthly payments will be set up as auto-pay with a credit card. This includes the price of the dog, which we will purchase from a reputable breeder. We have also provided alternative payment plans in individual cases.
- After the contract is signed and the down payment is received, procuring (if applicable) and training your service dog begins. Training duration varies from 1 to 2 years, depending on the number and complexity of tasks. During this time, you will get to spend time with your dog in your home on a regular basis.
- After the service dog is fully trained and living with you full-time, we will be in touch every six months for the dog’s entire working life. We want you to be a successful service dog team and stand behind our work.
The Total K9 Focus Puppy Guarantee
The service dog industry has an average wash-out rate of over 50%; ours is much lower. If you purchased the puppy from us directly, and the dog was to wash out during training, we have to start over. In that case, you are only responsible for the price of a new dog. The service dog trainers from Total K9 Focus will repeat the training free of charge and find the other pup a great pet home. The timeline for delivery will extend, but there will be no additional training fees. You pay for a new dog and continue making your monthly payments or phase payments as originally agreed upon, and we will prepare a replacement dog. We are not aware of any other service dog company offering this guarantee. If you purchase or provide the dog, this guarantee does not apply.